Friday, January 12, 2007

TGIF! (and a three day weekend to boot!)

Man, I'm so glad it's Friday! It feels like it's been a really long week. We both get Monday off for MLK Day, so we get an extra-long reprieve from the work week. Thank goodness!

Tomorrow afternoon we are attending a baby shower being thrown for us by my coworkers. It will be the 4th shower I've been to in one week. So much baby stuff is making it's way to our house, we're being overrun! It's really fun to open up the boxes and put the stroller together, etc. Only FOUR more weeks, and she'll be here....but who's counting?! The nursery is about 75% finished now. One of my goals for the long weekend is to wash all the new baby clothes and get them put away. This kid is going to be very well dressed!

I found a very cool website this week, where you can create your own personal icon. They will email it to you in jpeg format, and you can put in on your blog, email, stationary, etc. I made an initial one, but Keith thought it looked too prissy to be me. I admit, I did get a little carried away with the fun accessories. So, I made another one and put in on the blog. Check out the site

Also this week, I came across a site that was interesting, and philanthropic at the same time! It's from the pasta company Barilla, who is doing a special promotion online. They have a free celebrity pasta cookbook you can download, and when you do, they will donate $1 to America's Second Harvest--the Nation's Foodbank Network, up to $100,000! I checked it out, and you can get recipes from the likes of Harrison Ford, Ashley Judd, Sela Ward. There are about 12 recipes total, and again, it's free! So, click away, and support a good cause!

1 comment:

Chad said...

If you like SouthPark, here is a great avatar creator.