Thursday, January 25, 2007

Baby Stuff is too Complicated!

Well, last night, we attempted to tackle the task of installing our car seat. We have the infant seat that snaps into a base. We got 2 bases, which will stay in each of our cars, so we don't have to keep reinstalling the darn thing. Little did we know, in spite of included directions, it was near impossible to get the little booger installed. The base still slides around the backseat and feels wobbly...we know we did something wrong, but can't identify the issues. So, we're taking a trek to our friendly fire department this weekend to have them install it correctly! Did you know the Fire Dept had that service? I think we learned that in Childbirth Class. Or maybe Jen told me about it...like everything else these days, I can't remember. We're packing our hospital bags slowly, and once that's done, we're done with major baby preparations! What a relief!

Of course, I still have a list of "wouldn't it be nice if this got done before baby's arrival" things, but I'm being realistic about most of that not getting crossed off before Feb 13th. The lower this baby sinks into my pelvis, the less I feel like doing. She showed me no mercy today!

We had our last visit with the high-risk doctor yesterday, and have officially switched to the regular heparin shots. I don't like these because there's a lot more liquid to inject, and I have a lot less loose skin to pinch. It's not fun! The last ultrasound was yesterday, and Babygirl is now an estimated (and rather hefty) 6 pounds, 13 ounces. She gained 1.5 pounds in the past 3 weeks, and I sincerely hope she doesn't gain another 1.5 in the last 3 weeks! I'll have Keith take a pic of me this week, since it's week 36 and been a month since the last one.

Have a good weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Chad said...

Stay strong! The dual base car seat idea really works,