Thursday, January 4, 2007

Good News Ultrasound!

I had my repeat ultrasound on Tuesday to check the ventricle size in Babygirl's little brain. If you recall, the last US showed one measurement which was slightly large. When we looked again, all three measurements they took were totally normal, as was everything else they looked at and measured. Yippee! Babygirl is growing like a weed, and is in the 81st percentile for her weight, already a hefty 5 lbs, 5 oz. Oh Lordy, and I've still got 6 weeks to go! I'm really hoping not to break the 8lb barrier!

Our big weekend plans include: sleeping in, working on the nursery (or course!), doing some computer upgrades, going to a huge consignment sale at the State Fair Grounds with nothing but baby/kid stuff, and attending a baby shower being thrown for us by our church family!

Monday night, we're attending an infant CPR class. I think that will be the last parental preparation class we attend, with the exception of a breastfeeding prep class I want to attend in early February. We're both reading baby books right now, while we actually have some time to study up...goodness knows that once Babygirl arrives, all free reading time will be tossed out the window for a while. Keith is reading "What to Expect in the First Year" each night while he takes his soak, and fills me in on what he's learned.

I'm excited to say, I only have to fly for work for one more week! I will stop driving to clinics in about 3 weeks. For the last 2 weeks before delivery, I will stay in Durham at our main office doing administrative projects. Sounds so good to me! Today, it was all I could do to muster the gumption to get out of my chair and see my patients. I'm definitely slowing down and feeling less energetic. It doesn't help that Babygirl's new hobby is kicking my ribs. She tends to be most active at night, just as I'm ready to go to bed. As they are fond of saying in the South...bless her little heart!

1 comment:

Chad said...

Oops, you would think I could learn to use a computer by now! Deleted my own comment! What was I thinking!

I am glad the potential CSV fluid back-up issue is apparently resolved, this is great news!