Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday Blahs & a Funny



We spent the weekend in DC, visiting Keith's family. Our niece's school was having a Spring Fling Fundraiser, and it was loads of fun...although 90 degrees was a tad toasty! Em enjoyed a pony ride, and spending a weekend with her cousin. We took the girls to get some photos done, and they turned out spectacularly well.

This morning, I woke up drenched in sweat, and with significant chills. Like, shaking, cold to the bone chills. I had to change my PJ's due to being soaking wet. My head ached, joints and muscles aches, and eyes hurt. Went back to bed, while Keith took Em to daycare. Less than 1 hr later, Keith was home in bed with the same thing. A pathetic pair we were today, and so thankful for daycare!

This afternoon, Keith and I went together to pick up Emerson. She told us in the car she was thirsty, and needed a drink. We told her she could have one when we got home, and started suggesting different drink options. "milk?"....."Nooooooooooo!" "Juice?......Nooooooooooooooo!" Finally, Keith suggested "Snake guts?" This was met with a long pause for consideration, and finally we heard a soft "Yeah." It was hilarious.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hmm....I'm assuming that's the reason you ignored my phone call earlier?
Wish I was there to take the kid off your hands for you.... :)