Monday, June 2, 2008

First Boo-Boo!

Poor little Emmy!  She's becoming such a brave explorer, and unfortunately, today decided to attempt walking off the deck stairs.  We've got 3 steps that lead to the concrete driveway on the side of the house, and USUALLY she avoids the steps like the plague.  Not today.  She was walking around on the porch, and I asked her to come inside...her new word is "outside, Outside OUTSIDE"!  (she wakes up from her naps and this is the first work out of her mouth!)  Needless to say, she didn't want to come in, and when I started walking towards her, she started walking towards the steps.  Silly me, I thought she wouldn't attempt them, as she's always seemed scared about them.  Nope, she walked right up to the edge, turned her head and gave me "the look", and I knew she was going to step off.  I was about one step from her when she took a header and rolled down, landing face-first on the driveway.  Luckily, she was just shaken up and had a couple little scrapes on her hands & nose.  She got her first band-aid, and learned a new word..."boo-boo".  

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh no!!!! Soph did the same thing this weekend...except down our entire flight of stairs. These little people are quite resilient, aren't they?