Saturday, March 3, 2007

It's Funny....


It's funny how much your perspective on things changes once you have a baby in the house. Suddenly, getting dressed is highly overrated and talking to the mailman at 3pm while still in your pajamas isn't the slightest bit embarrassing . Sure, the house needs cleaning...but it doesn't get under my skin quite as much as it did before. If I sweep today, great...if not, the dust bunnies will be there tomorrow. There were a few TV shows I watched faithfully before, but haven't seen an episode since Emmy came home. Oh well, what's TV when you've got a baby to sing to? I remember now how it felt to pull an all-nighter in college/grad school...that buzzy-head feeling that comes from too little sleep. It's back again, but not because it's Finals Week. Showering, eating, all that takes a back seat when you've got a little being that needs fed/changed/held/soothed/kissed. As always, I have a To Do List...and nothing is getting crossed off. My, how time flies by when you're on your third baby outfit of the day due to unfortunate eruptions and diaper malfunctions.

Am I going a little stir-crazy, being house-bound most of the time, when I am used to going to work every day and interacting with lots of people? Sure...but I also realize this time at home is precious, and short. There's always work, there's always TV shows, there's always laundry that needs done. But, there's only one first smile, and I'm going to make sure I see it.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

congratulations -- it's an amazing journey and they do grow up so quickly. Enjoy every sticky, sleepy, messy moment!

Anonymous said...

You and Keith are going to be great parents, enjoy it goes by fast!!! Go on and get a spare set of car keys ready!!!