Thursday, March 15, 2007

Growin' Like a Weed

Well, Babygirl had her one month checkup yesterday and all went well.
She now weighs 8 lb, 12.5 oz (up from 7 lb 1 oz a month ago) and is 21
and 1/8 inches long (19.5 at birth). She is squarely in the 50th
percentile for all growth measurements. She's 5 weeks old today and
took her first library trip with us last night. I'm sure it won't be
her last, as we both love to read and want to instill that into her as
well. So far though, she's not very interested in the books I've been
reading to her. I suppose once she can actually SEE SOMETHING past 12
inches in front of her face it will make a difference. She does like
listening to music, and it helps calm her down to sleep. Keith and I
might have to dust off our old clarinet & coronet for her when she
gets a little older!

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Arg....my original comment disappeared into the darkness of cyberspace! Let me try again...

Here's a standing ovation for the early trip to the library! It make's your cousin the librarian's heart sing to read about it!

She IS growing like a week! What a cutie, I love the pictures in the gallery.

Sherrie