Saturday, December 9, 2006

Ho Ho Ho, and All That Stuff...

Wow, two weeks to go until Christmas...where does the time go?! Keith was out of town all last week at a training course in Atlanta, and it allowed me to finish up his Christmas shopping. In fact, all my shopping is done except for one person! Yahoo! We have a Holiday Potluck Party to attend tomorrow afternoon, and Keith has a potluck this week at work (he's making green bean casserole to take, his specialty!). Friday, I have an office Christmas party and then I think that's it for the festivities.

I talked with my boss(es) at work on Friday about my plans to return to work after my maternity leave. We discussed returning to a 30 hour/week schedule in which I would do 3 clinic days weekly and have either a half day administrative day in Durham vs. a full day every other week. They are willing to be very flexible as long as I get my work done and fulfill 130 hrs/month. At this schedule, it's still considered "full-time", and I don't lose any benefits. Double yahoo!! This way, I get 1-2 days a week at home with Babygirl. We're thrilled with that arrangement.

On Tuesday, I have a regular OB checkup, and will get the results of my diabetes screen. They're seeing me every 2 weeks now, and it's making it feel like I'm really getting close to the end! This pregnancy has literally flown by, and so far has been pretty uneventful (hopefully it stays that way!). I have discovered in the last week or so, that bending over is becoming an issue. I see a time in the not-so-distant future when Keith will need to help me with my socks. I am starting to feel like my belly is right under my chin, and I still have 9 weeks to go! Lordy, I can only imagine what delights are ahead of me!

3 comments:

^..^Corgidogmama said...

You can count on K needing to put your socks on soon.
Hee,hee....oh what fun!
So glad about your work schedule!
That should be a good arrangement for all. Am getting decor out tonight. Jim put colored lights on the pine out front. Josh and I were welcomed at Gram's with fresh baked Christmas cookies, and her apt. was very festive! loveyama

Chad said...

There is not as much "delight" towards the end... you just want the little one out!

Getting dressed is a challenge, I felt like Jen's Man-servant!

Jen said...

Yep...Keither will get very familiar with your little tootsies! Good luck Tuesday...