Monday, December 31, 2007

Thankful Thoughts on New Year's Eve

So, it's almost 2008, and I'm thinking about what 2007 was for me.  It was the year I became a Mama, learned how to multi-task (I only THOUGHT I was a multi-tasker before!), made a job change that was right for my family, and started doing some things *for me*, like going to the gym, working with a trainer, and watching what I eat (and losing 5 lbs in the process!!!).  I've got some goals for 2008, but first I wanted to make a list of things I was thankful for in 2007...

1)  The opportunity to finally be a Mom, and get to see our Babygirl everyday.
2)  That both of us found great job opportunities that keep us closer to home.
3)  That I finally made time to start exercising again...it feels good.
4)  That Emmy has such wonderful grandparents, who love her, and love & support us in many different ways.
5)  That my 90 year-old Gram is still here, and still a stinker.
6)  That the cats have adjusted SO well to Emmy's presence in their lives.  
7)  That we are all *finally* healthy after 5 weeks of being constantly sick.
8)  That we have truly fabulous friends, who just happen to live too damn far away (okay, so I'm NOT thankful for that last part)
9)  That we have a warm place to sleep, enough food to eat, and money to pay the bills.
10)  That I have a loving & supportive husband, who still seems to like me after being together 6 years.  

No comments: