Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Back from Ohio



Emmy and I had a great trip to Ohio to visit family. I was a bit nervous about flying solo with Em, but she acted as though airports, planes, and crowds were second nature. This kid is so easy-going! She sprouted another tooth the morning we left, and smiled at anyone and everyone who looked her way to show it off. She charmed every flight attendant, and everyone sitting around us. I was a little stressed, as they cancelled our flight to Columbus, but we were able to get on another plane (routed through Chicago) whiched arrived in Ohio a couple hours later than we originally planned. I was amazed my suitcase didn't get lost in the shuffle.

My Mom and brother picked us up from the airport, and it took about 2 hours to drive to Findlay. We stayed at my Uncle Tim/Aunt Bev's house, which is where my Gram lives now. They were in Atlanta, visiting their first granddaughter, so Emmy didn't get to meet them. My Uncle Mike/Aunt Carolyn were staying with Gram that week, so we got to visit with them as well. It was really nice to just hang out with everyone for a few days. Emmy provided the entertainment, and we just chilled. I got a cute video of Josh reading a book to Emmy...check it out here: Video

We sure missed Keith while we were gone, although he was home with a headcold and made the most of a quiet house. (I have a headcold now, and hope Em doesn't catch it!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I just had such a smile on my face looking at your pictures from Ohio and watching the video of Josh and Emmy! Josh is clearly the best uncle ever. Thanks for posting the pics here, it was a nice way to end a long day (today was my first day back to work after a nearly 3 month summer break).

Love,
Sherrie

Jen said...

I'm so glad the trip went well...and we LOVED the video of Josh and Emmy. Hmm...who did buy her that fantastic book? :) Talk soon?