Friday, July 20, 2007

Potter Mania!

Keith is just about beside himself with glee...he gets to pick up his copy of the 7th installment of the Harry Potter series tomorrow morning. He volunteered to take my car in for an oil change, and I suspect that's so he has an undisturbed hour to read his book at the car place. We've gone to see the 5th movie...dark, very dark. It was pretty good though. I haven't read any of the books, but I think I might start them sometime this summer. I've made Keith keep any big surprises he reads in the books to himself, so I can find out for myself when we see the movies. It's starting to get pretty interesting though, so I'll probably just read the books and find out what the heck happens, rather than waiting 2 years for the 7th movie to come out. Potter mania is about to hit the Stouder house. Oh! And we read recently that there's going to be a Harry Potter theme park somewhere in Orlando (within one of the Disney parks, just can't remember which one). I think it is supposed to open in 2008 or 09, but Keith has already said we will be taking Emmy there someday. I'm sure we will both "suffer through it", for Emmy's sake. We wouldn't want to deprive her of that experience. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be picking up my copy tomorrow AM, and starting it right away. (Though I have the major interuption of my 20 year high school class reunion tomorrow night- no reading happinging there!) I've read all of the other books. My best friend Lisa actually has scheduled Saturday and Sunday as dedicated "Potter days"- it's all reading HP, all the time. I can't be that focussed, so I may take a week or more to finish the book. You haven't read any of them? What's up with that? Get on it, girl!

Sherrie