Wednesday, February 2, 2011

3 months

We're down to the last 3 months....last 3 months of being pregnant, last 3 months of being a family of 3, last 3 months of Emerson being an only child. In 3 short months we get to meet our boy, and our lives will change forever. Emerson will become a big sister, and the dynamic of our family with change and morph. I want to slow down these last 3 months, and let our girl enjoy her remaining time as the single child under our roof. To play Go Fish, and rub her feet and snuggle in bed with her after finishing story time at night. To bask in the "easiness" of having an almost-four-year-old, before it all becomes more complicated. To enjoy these last months of the last pregnancy I will carry, and relish the flipping & flopping going on in my belly. To giggle when Em tells me there's a baby in her belly too, and it's kicking & moving around in there. I don't want these last 3 months to fly by too quickly, even though I am anxious to see the face of our son, and the face of our daughter when she meets her brother for the first time. That moment when she becomes a big sister, and she holds him in her little arms. The first time we are together as a family of four. I'm torn between wanting time to slow down, and looking forward to what is yet to come.

3 comments:

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Man...this was so sweetly written April that I bawled my eyes out, and still have a big lump in my throat. Treasure these days...you're very right that a huge upheaval is coming...but it will all be worth it, once the dust settles!

http://www.schlundtfamily.wordpress.com said...

Nicely written, April.

Whosyergurl said...

My two are five years apart and big sis was little mama. He still thinks she hung the moon. You'll do fine. Enjoy. You are smart not to rush life. Hoosier hugs, Cheryl