Monday, February 16, 2009

Tri-Challenge

Keith and I recently got established with a new primary care MD. Keith had his labs checked, and his cholesterol, uh...had some major room for improvement. I get mine checked next week, but this was a sign that we are getting to an age where we need to kick things up a notch in terms of our health. One of my old coworkers recently did a sprint triathlon (400 meter swim, 12 mile bike ride, and 3.1 mile run). I found myself thinking...hey, I could do that! And then I realized that Keith and I could do this together. We started training tonight....short little run in the neighborhood with Emmy in the jogging stroller. I am checking into a membership at the YMCA so we can start swimming. Keith got a bike last Fall, and we need to shop for one for me. The triathlon is in August....hmmmm, what do you think, will we be ready??? In case you are interested, this is the one we are doing...
Super Sprint

2 comments:

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Now April, I know that you are not a strong swimmer!!!
Oh, you crazy kids, egad!
Like the new look of the blog.

Sherrie said...

Wow, I am really impressed- that is quite a goal to take on! (And I see from the website that the race you chose benefits the American Heart Association, so you doubly rock!) I keep thinking that I'll try something slightly less ambitious, like the AHA Heart Walk or something similar...we'll see, maybe I'll be so inspired by your athleticism as a couple that I'll drag John into it! (Drag being the operative word, I'm afraid!) :)