Sunday, August 23, 2009

I did it!!!




After months of training, I competed in my first (and maybe last) sprint triathlon on Saturday morning. My sister-in-law, Stacy, came down to do it with me, and we were cheered on by most of the Stouder family. I probably swallowed a gallon of water (and snorted another half-gallon up my nose) during the swim due to all the people kicking, splashing, and otherwise getting in my way. I pedaled along on my bike, coming in at the tail end of the bikers because of my slow swim, and because I didn't have a speedy road bike (note to self: if I ever do this again, rent a road bike!!). After hopping off my bike, the legs were rather jello-like, but I ran all of my 5K except for one hill. I finished in 1:54, third from last of the women. But dammit...I finished, and I didn't finish last!!! Thanks to Stacy for sweating with me, and to the Stouders for cheering me on. Felt good to cross the finish line with family yelling for me.

1 comment:

^..^Corgidogmama said...

COOL! You are one hell of a woman April Rosanne!